In this article, We will continue our talk about vitamins and minerals by focusing on the Water Soluble Vitamins. Having 2 kinds of it; Vitamin B and Vitamin C; Water Soluble Vitamins give different benefits and can be found in different sources, which we will be talking about that in the following paragraph.
There are various types of Vitamin B which are as follows:
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) plays an important role in the transformation of carbohydrates. Lack of Vitamin B1 may result as having Beriberi with the first symptom of fatigue, loss of appetite and feel numb in hands and toes. Vitamin B1 can usually be found in pork and beans.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflain) plays an important role in the system of causing energy in our body. Lack of Vitamin B2 may result as having Hyporiboflavinosis Ariboflavinosis (Canker Sore Lips) and Cheilosis. Vitamin B2 can usually be found in liver, heart, egg, milk and green vegetable.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) plays an important role in creating metabolic reaction which caused energy and creating fat in our body. Lack of Vitamin B3 may result as having dermatitis reaction with the sun, diarrhea, dementia and blurred memory. Vitamin B3 can usually be found in meat and tripe.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) plays an important role in the growth of the body. It helps creating new cells and also neurotonic. People’s body needs at least 200 milligram of Vitamin B5 per day.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) plays an important role in the Protein metabolism in our body. Lack of Vitamin B6 may result as numbness and anemia.
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) helps in the metabolism of fatty acid and amino acid. Vitamin B7 helps with skincare and treatment for neurologist disease. Vitamin B7 can usually be found in liver, beans, fruit, yeast, tomatoes and egg yolk. Lack of Vitamin B7 may cause skin rash, hair loss, fatigue, nausea and vomiting.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) is beneficial to DNA synthesis, growth of cells and also necessary in the creation of red blood cell. Other benefits of Vitamin B9 also include helping with food digestion, nervous system and sooth the mind and emotion because this vitamin helps in the nervous system. Lack of Vitamin B9 may result as having diarrhea, colic or constipation. Vitamin B9 is essential for the development of a fetus’s nervous system. Lack of Vitamin B9 may result as feeling fatigue, having pimples, tart tongue and mouth ulcers. Lacking of Vitamin B9 in long term may cause you Anemia, Osteoporosis and even chances in having Colorectal cancer and Cervical cancer.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyano Cobalamin) plays an important role in the function of body cells especially in the marrow, nervous system and alimentary tract. Lack of Vitamin B12 may result as Macrocytic Anemia and disorders of nervous system. Vitamin B12 can usually be found in animal’s parts like liver, kidney and also fish sauce.
- Vitamin B15 (Pangamic Acid) is usually found in yeast, grains and coarse rice. Vitamin B15 has a lot of benefit to our body, especially to the hair, muscle, liver, brain and heart. It also help with the metabolic of fat, make the body concentrate on having Vitamin E active and help with the treatment of certain neurologist diseases. Some doctors use Vitamin B15 in their treatment for diabetes and stroke.
Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid is a highly effective antioxidant substance. Most animal can synthesize Vitamin C by themselves, but human, monkeys and guinea pig have to rely on Vitamin C from the food that they took. Vitamin C plays an important role in the creating of collagen, which essential to the cells and tissues creation and repairmen like gums, teeth, bones and blood vessels. Other benefits of Vitamin C include; help with the body absorption of iron to be better and used faster when under stress; prevent the oxidation reaction of bad cholesterol; help in the treatment of wounds, burns and bleeding gums; increase the efficient of drugs used in urinary tract infections treatment; help decrease cholesterol level in blood; prevent virus infection and other kinds of bacterial infections; helps prevent the creation of Nitrosamine compound (carcinogen); help in the prevention and treatment of flu; and help increase with the absorption of iron. Vitamin C is usually found in fruit with sour flavor, berries, green vegetables, tomatoes, cantaloupe, cauliflower, potatoes and peppers.
And that is all for our article about Vitamins, both Fat Soluble Vitamins and Water Soluble Vitamins. It may seem long to you, but I can assure you that it is very beneficial to all the readers. In our next article, we will be talking about minerals. Please stay close